Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 Days of Horror T-Shirts - Day 13

I miss you, X-Files. I miss you on Friday nights. I miss you, and the really creepy over the top monster episodes. Things like the Flukeman, the Ice episode, or that really fucked up episode with the atavistic, inbred, hillbilly mutants that lived under the bed. I miss the episodes that were so horrifying and over the top, they gave me a reason to plan my Friday nights around you when I was in my 20's.

Most of all, I miss you Mulder and Scully. I miss Scully's hotness, and I miss Mulder's dogged belief that there were things out there too scary and terrifying to believe. That was, before you totally jumped the shark and gave us two Mulder-less seasons. Even a Robert Patrick T-1000 couldn't save your spiral into irrelevance. How the mighty fall.

But, back in the day, you were wondrously creepy and chilling!

What started for me, as a child, with Leonard Nimoy and In Search Of, The X-Files fully cemented. Fear of the unknown, the paranormal, the extraterrestrial, or the hungrily cryptozoologic; all of these things are what make Halloween so fantastic.

I want to believe.

No comments: