Saturday, October 15, 2011

31 Days of Horror T-Shirts - Day 15

I'm wearing today's shirt because it's a special day. I'm going on a little road trip, and you'll be reading more about it in a few days.

Suffice it to say, I love this short!

The problem is, I hate to post a picture of it. Although I proudly wear it because it is based on one of my favorite movies of all time... I am conflicted about it.

You see, the iconic little girl on it is named Kyra Schon. She's all grown up now, obviously. The thing is I now know that she did not get compensated in any way for the shirt I bought. Like I said, I bought this shirt before knowing this, but it still makes me - as an artist - feel bad.

You see, her zombie image (the picture was actually taken outside, in the daylight, outside of shooting in 1967)has been printed, and reprinted on everything from coffee mugs, to lunch boxes, to posters, to my beloved t-shirt. So, please think of the fact that Kyra's never seen a red cent for the blatant misapproppriation of her own image before you buy something NOTLD related.

So, you know how I make up for it? I visit her site The Ghoul Next Door and buy some of her awesome art and schwag. Or, I buy some stuff if I see her at a convention.

It's the right thing to do.

You should do the same.

No comments: