Saturday, October 08, 2011

31 Days of Horror T-Shirts - Day 8

Ahhh... Simon Pegg. If I were gay, I'd totally have a crush on you. You're so funny, so geeky, so... British.

I loved Shaun of the Dead when it first came out. I watch it at least once every couple of months and, unsurprisingly, it gets better every time I see it. He and Edgar Wright's homage to the brilliance of George Romero has, it could be argued, surpassed the master. I love this movie.

Every time I watch it, there's little bits that I discover that make Shaun of the Dead even funnier. Case in point, I just watched it last weekend again and noticed one of the funniest things I hadn't seen before.

When Shaun and Ed are watching the news, after killing the girl and big guy in the garden, the newscaster says "Stay in your homes, lock your doors." That's when they realize they've left the door open yet again and they turn... to see the tuxedo zombie. This scenes been in every trailer, and I've seen it dozens of times, but I just saw for the first time Shaun's physical reaction. Right as he screams, and before he yells the classic line, "OHHH! HE'S GOT AN ARM OFF!" watch Shaun's hands.

In a quintessentially English fashion, he wiggles his fingers in fear! It's such a great affectation. I laugh just thinking about it. Here's the zombie apocalypse, they've sat down to have a cup of tea to think about it, and they're surprised by a zombie. Shaun's reaction is to wiggle his fingers like Wallace from Wallace and Grommet!

I've attached a youtube clip below so you can see it for yourself. I may be the only one who finds it funny, but I had to share.

And in honor of the brilliance, today I'll be wearing my Shaun of the Dead shirt!






2 comments:

Groundcat said...

yes, Wallace and Gromit reference! I look forward to seeing all your shirts.

printed t shirts said...

Great post! I never would of thought this was a Men's shirt. Thanks for the tips!